Have you used Google Places yet?
What is Google Places? Google is more than just a search engine, now they are also a directory, but a directory on steroids! Instead of the Yellow Pages, consumers are using Google Places to find local business’s phone numbers, addresses and information for services they need. Unlike the Yellow Pages of old, this service is free. You’ll discover hundreds of advantages for listing your business on Google Places. Listed below are 10 advantages worth mentioning.
- Online listings like Google Places is the way of the future, and in many areas, it has replaced paper phone directory listings as the go-to place for finding phone numbers.
- A listing on Google Places is free, forever.
- When your Google Places listing is optimized properly, your business listing and website are combined, to improve a business search result for local searches, often resulting with a listing on the first page of Google.
- You can offer discounts and coupons for one day, one week, or one month.
- Your website, physical mailing address, and your phone number are displayed in your listing, which allows customers to find you more quickly and to get the information they need.
- Mobile phone users can find your business listing immediately, and they don’t need a computer to do it.
- You will have insights into the traffic and customers that are seeing your listing, and what keywords they are using to search for your business.
- You don’t need a physical retail or warehouse location to get accepted into Google Places.
- Citations and reviews will move your Google Places up in ranking. With high ranking, within eight weeks, rather than eight months or eight years, your Google Places listing will bring you more targeted customers faster than traditional advertising methods.
- Finally, and the most important to your financial goals, is that because it is so easy for customers to find your business listing, you will make more money than you did before your business was listed in Google Places.
Whether you are going to try it on your own, or have someone set up and claim your Google Places page for you, the sooner you have your page working for you, the quicker your customers will find you.
Want to find out if doing Search Engine Optimization or being listed in Google Places will get you better listings, please check out this article on local SEO.